Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Salmon Potato Salad

With Summer just around the corner, I thought I would make a couple of salads. Here is the first of my creations:



Salmon Potato Salad
  • 1/2 can canned salmon (15 oz)
  • 1 large (red) potato
  • 1/3 cup chopped celery
  • 1-2 stalk(s) chopped scallions
  • *1 oz. creamy hot sauce (ranch + hot sauce)
  • salt & pepper
*the sauce I used was left over from a Peruvian chicken restaurant



Chop potatoes into cubes and boil in salt water for about 10 minutes or until tender. Chop celery and saute with a little salt and pepper for a few minutes. Be sure not to overcook so that it remains slightly crispy. Cool both ingredients.



Chop scallions into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add potatoes, celery, canned salmon and creamy hot sauce. Add salt to taste (although I did not add any).


Mix thoroughly and serve immediately (or chill in refrigerator if needed). I chose to serve mine with blue corn tortilla chips.


No comments: